Workforce Management Solution 101 – what’s important?
While different call centers have different needs, it’s hard to imagine a call center that could not benefit from a workforce management (WFM) solution. Whatever the specific goals of your business – lowering costs, improving efficiency, better customer service – workforce management can help to achieve them. But how should you select a WFM solution? Here are the key capabilities to look for, and why they are important.
- Call Volume Forecast – by using historical data and real-time ACD integration, the system should produce accurate forecasts that will impact scheduling.
- Schedule Creation – The system should be able to create schedules based on shift patters, skill levels and other criteria.
- Intra-Day Changes/Exceptions – No two days are alike in any call center. WFM should be able to consider variables and perform ‘on the fly’ scheduling when needed. It should also be able to measure agent adherence on both typical and atypical days.
- Real-time Metrics – Getting alerts when something is not working as planned, and tracking performance and adherence metrics in real-time on a dashboard are critical.
- Implementation – How long does the system take to install, and how long before it begins to pay for itself? Will additional hardware or software purchases be necessary? How long will it take to train agents on its proper usage? Anything too complex may end up having the opposite effect on efficiency.
- Cost – Calculate both upfront and ongoing costs of installation, implementation, integration, maintenance and support.
Our brief workforce management software selection guide provides more details and helps you ask the right questions to find the best solution for your call center.
5 Contact Center Security Precautions You Should Implement Immediately
We often say that contact centers are on the front line of customer service. They are also on the front
Three Hurdles with Workforce Management – and How to Eliminate Them
When contact centers add Monet WFM, the result is a more efficient operation. Benefits include accurate forecasts, better schedules, monitoring of