Use Workforce Management to Engage Employees, not Control Them
In a previous blog post, we discussed how customer satisfaction could be positively impacted by call center employee satisfaction. Workforce Management (WFM) can play a prominent role in engendering employee satisfaction. That certainly hasn’t always been the case. When such technologies were first introduced, they were perceived as a means to control a call center workforce, to make sure they were producing as expected, and to keep an electronic eye on them at all times. But in today’s call centers, agents and managers have discovered how workforce management improves communication, transparency, accountability and schedule flexibility:
- Skill-based Scheduling allows managers to better match agents with the types of calls they are most comfortable and experienced in handling. This boosts both employee confidence and customer service.
- Flexible Schedules are more easily managed with WFM, so agents can balance obligations in their personal lives with work responsibilities.
- Online Collaboration between agents and supervisors makes it easier for agents to bid for shifts, and to handle changes as needed.
- Exception Calendars keep all call center personnel informed and prepared for issues, while giving agents a way to better deal with emergencies and other unplanned activities.
- Reporting and Transparency Tools provide more accurate assessments of agent performance, so they can be monitored and reviewed fairly.
All of these capabilities help call centers to engage agents in the planning and management process, and that makes for happier agents. Please take a look at our workforce management learning center to learn more.
How To Make Agents and Customers Fall in Love With Your Contact Center
February means Valentine’s Day, and romance is in the air. What could possibly be more romantic than a contact center?
Messaging: The Next (Current?) Preference in Communication
Does your contact center offer messaging as an option? If not, it most likely will very soon. Look around anywhere