Customer Success: OCCU
This customer success story summarizes why OCCU selected Monet Software to improve customer service metrics.
Monet has, according to OCCU, saved at least $25,000 to date by eliminating the guesswork from profitability analyses and scheduling, creating an ROI in less than one year. Service levels have also been improved by at least 5 percent.
Orange County Credit Union enhances ROI and improves service levels with Monet Software
Orange County’s Credit Union (OCCU) faced short-staffing issues and other challenges in its contact center as a result of extremely high traffic. AA decision was made to add a workforce optimization software improvement, but most vendors were unable to provide one with the flexibility and features that OCCU required. The Monet Workforce Optimization suite streamlined and improved forecasting and scheduling, resulting in shorter call times and improved service levels. Monet took the guesswork out of staffing, which allowed OCCU to reassign employees as needed to eliminate coverage gaps. Best of all, it did this while also achieving full ROI in less than one year.
The opportunity and challenge
- Eliminate guesswork
- Eliminate short-staffing issues
- Dealing efficiently with high number of calls
- Manage exceptions effectively
- Rapid return on investment
- Ease-of-use of the system
- Low upfront costs
- Easy implementation
Orange County’s Credit Union (OCCU) is a not-for-profit community-chartered credit union exceeding $763 million in assets, and more than 81,000 members. As well as visiting a branch, members can contact the credit union’s call center for most services. The inbound-only call center handles as many as 35,000 calls per month. OCCU customer service has 21 full-time employees in its contact center as well as about 20 part-timers.
The Opportunity and Challenge
OCCU has seven branches that process a total of 216,150 transactions in a single month. That works out to approximately 31,000 transactions per branch. High traffic volumes turned the efficient scheduling of agents into a constant struggle for call center management. As a result, branch managers struggled with shortstaffing issues. With forecasting based on past experience and the managers perception of trends, it was impossible to avoid scheduling errors. A better solution was required.
OCCU evaluated all the top software packages, including Blue Pumpkin, Symon and Telecorp. Most vendors were unable to offer a flexible solution for both agent and teller scheduling. OCCU’s technology platform included Avaya for all PBX and phone-related systems, Windows 2000, XP Systems for branch transactions, CentreVu Supervisor for call center reporting, T1 lines for data and VoIP for voice. Monet Software agreed to provide its Monet Workforce Optimization suite for the call center and another version tailored specifically for branches.
Monet delivered a unique feature set that improved OCCU’s efficiency. For instance, the capability to forecast, modify and monitor Agent Occupancy rates is displayed next to the current call history and service level objectives. This allowed for even greater contact center flexibility during the agent scheduling and adherence process. Monet also enabled call center managers to determine the exact cost of existing schedules as well as planned schedule changes. The system automatically modeled and balanced improved service levels and reduced customer wait time against the necessary cost to provide it.
Other benefits includes:
- The Monet Exception Planner allowed recurring exceptions and mid-day exceptions to be automatically scheduled, taking all exceptions into account when choosing shifts and scheduling breaks.
- The Monet Availability Calendar permitted call center managers to see how existing exceptions affect staff availability. Managers can select any set of dates from the entire year and view agent requirements and availability, along with the number of exception hours, broken down both by agent and exception type.
- Monet’s forecasting capability revealed that experienced agents worked the early shift while peak traffic came later in the day resulting in longer call times and plummeting service levels. Management changed schedules to keep more experienced agents working later hours.
- Shift creation was individualized and special needs more easily handled with Monet’s Graphical Roster Report.
By adding Monet, branch managers removed the guess work from staffing. Every half hour, transactions are uploaded to Monet and available for analysis. Eventually, if one branch is overstaffed on a particular day, OCCU will be able to use the system to reassign that employee to another branch that is running short.
Return on Investment
Monet has, according to OCCU, saved at least $25,000 to date by eliminating the guesswork from profitability analyses and scheduling,
Speech Analytics for Improved Customer Service
Speech Analytics has been common practice at larger call centers for years. But more recently, top-tier quality monitoring software has
Transform your COST center to a Call Center
It’s expensive running a COST Center. But it’s possible to convert your business back into a quality call center by