How to improve call center forecasting with simulation tools
One of the most critical steps in the workforce management process is forecasting. Based on the work history you need to forecast call volume and agent requirements for desired time frames in the future – a forecast for future call volume, average handling time, and agent requirements for each 15-minute period of the day based on service level objectives.
How can you use forecasting simulation to improve forecast accuracy? A simulator forecasting engine analyzes all call types and routing policies when creating forecasts. This lets you accurately forecast staffing levels to manage all call types within your center, and build scenarios for budgeting and planning purposes. You can even use simulators to produce center budgets by running a costing of all forecasted agent shifts and agent schedules. Here are some tips on how you can benefit from using forecasting simulation:
- You can quickly generate automatic forecasts for multiple sites, complex routing strategies, and multi-skilled agents.
- You can accurately forecast staffing levels to manage all call types, as well as build scenarios for planning and budgeting purposes.
- You get regular intra-day forecast updates, automatically calculating a new forecast based on what has already occurred to establish trends that will aid in proactive decision making.
- It helps you evaluate and plan current and future workforce requirements.
- You can develop “what if” scenarios to explore how a change in call volume or service level goals during a specific day or week would affect your center.
- You are able to simulate routing rules, agent skill assignments, and schedules by date range and see the impact on staffing and scheduling.
For more information about this topic, please watch the call center forecasting video.
Four Unique Ideas for Improving Contact Center Efficiency
The dictionary defines efficiency as “effective operation as measured by a comparison of production with cost (as in energy, time
Boost Performance Management Results With a Monthly Challenge
There are countless ways to motivate agents and other employees into improving performance. Most contact centers have tried the obvious