Call Center Scheduling Tips – Part 1
We have established a list of call center scheduling tips to keep your call center running efficiently, keep service levels increasing, and your customer base and revenues growing. 1. Use a flexible shift model Fixed start times, lunch breaks, end times, etc. result in
- Overstaffing = higher costs!
- Understaffing = lower service levels and revenues!
Gradually implement a flexible shift model by introducing it to some of your agents (existing and/or new hires) first, and over time move the whole center to a flexible shift model.Increase your service levels by 1 to 2 percent, and result in a similar percentage of savings in personnel costs2. Track and minimize shrinkage 15 minutes shrinkage per day in a 25 agent center costs you $23,437 per year. How to improve:
- Better match call volume with agent availability through a flexible shift model
- Increase forecast and schedule accuracy by including all tasks into forecast and schedule
- Monitor and improve schedule adherence
3. Track and improve schedule adherence Inform and educate agents:
- Agents need to understand the relevance of schedule adherence
- Explain how a mere 10 minutes impacts the entire center performance.
Measure and manage adherence:
- Measure and track adherence using workforce management tools.
- Share adherence reports with your agents – how they are doing.
- Reward agents (95% within adherence) – recognition and/or bonus.
- Agents are aware of the consequences for out-of-adherence behavior
4. Cross train multi-skill agentsMultiple skills and use skill-based routing
- Reduce # of agents needed to handle your call volume.
- The productivity gains can be up to 10-15%.
Form overlapping groups
- One group for call type A and B, and one group for C and D
- Improve by adding a group that is able to handle B and C
Four Unique Ideas for Improving Contact Center Efficiency
The dictionary defines efficiency as “effective operation as measured by a comparison of production with cost (as in energy, time
Boost Performance Management Results With a Monthly Challenge
There are countless ways to motivate agents and other employees into improving performance. Most contact centers have tried the obvious