Call Center Scheduling Tips – Part 1
We have established a list of call center scheduling tips to keep your call center running efficiently, keep service levels increasing, and your customer base and revenues growing. 1. Use a flexible shift model Fixed start times, lunch breaks, end times, etc. result in
- Overstaffing = higher costs!
- Understaffing = lower service levels and revenues!
Gradually implement a flexible shift model by introducing it to some of your agents (existing and/or new hires) first, and over time move the whole center to a flexible shift model.Increase your service levels by 1 to 2 percent, and result in a similar percentage of savings in personnel costs2. Track and minimize shrinkage 15 minutes shrinkage per day in a 25 agent center costs you $23,437 per year. How to improve:
- Better match call volume with agent availability through a flexible shift model
- Increase forecast and schedule accuracy by including all tasks into forecast and schedule
- Monitor and improve schedule adherence
3. Track and improve schedule adherence Inform and educate agents:
- Agents need to understand the relevance of schedule adherence
- Explain how a mere 10 minutes impacts the entire center performance.
Measure and manage adherence:
- Measure and track adherence using workforce management tools.
- Share adherence reports with your agents – how they are doing.
- Reward agents (95% within adherence) – recognition and/or bonus.
- Agents are aware of the consequences for out-of-adherence behavior
4. Cross train multi-skill agentsMultiple skills and use skill-based routing
- Reduce # of agents needed to handle your call volume.
- The productivity gains can be up to 10-15%.
Form overlapping groups
- One group for call type A and B, and one group for C and D
- Improve by adding a group that is able to handle B and C
5 Contact Center Security Precautions You Should Implement Immediately
We often say that contact centers are on the front line of customer service. They are also on the front
Three Hurdles with Workforce Management – and How to Eliminate Them
When contact centers add Monet WFM, the result is a more efficient operation. Benefits include accurate forecasts, better schedules, monitoring of