Are You Still Using Spreadsheets for forecasting and scheduling?
Based on a recent call center analysis, we discovered that approximately 20% of call centers still use spreadsheets for forecasting ad scheduling. Those that do are missing out on the convenience, efficiency, flexibility and functionality of workforce management.
Is there an optimal use for spreadsheets? Perhaps – for a call center where the call flows are the same every hour of every day. Unfortunately, such a call center does not exist. When call volume changes, spreadsheets are insufficient. Here are 5 ways that WFM represents a quantum leap forward in forecasting and scheduling:
- Flexible Schedules – spreadsheets are fine for fixed schedules – but call center schedules rarely stay fixed. A WFM system provides the flexibility to manage start times, end times and break times.
- Call History Forecasts – the most accurate call forecasts are those that rely on call history data. This can be done manually with a spreadsheet, but it’s much faster and more accurate to work with real-time and historic call data collected by a WFM system.
- Adherence Tracking – tracking and schedule adherence are difficult, if not flat-out impossible, with just a spreadsheet. Spot-checks are fine as far as they go, but without the real-time tracking provided by WFM there is a higher risk of over/under staffing, shrinkage and missed service levels.
- Forecast Simulation – WFM allows for more detailed and accurate forecast simulations.
- Exception Handling – All exception considerations are handled automatically through WFM. Spreadsheets cannot match this speed and efficiency, which results in unhappy agents and higher shrinkage.
To find out more about why WFM is the better solution, even for smaller call centers, sign up to receive a free whitepaper.
5 Contact Center Security Precautions You Should Implement Immediately
We often say that contact centers are on the front line of customer service. They are also on the front
Three Hurdles with Workforce Management – and How to Eliminate Them
When contact centers add Monet WFM, the result is a more efficient operation. Benefits include accurate forecasts, better schedules, monitoring of